Monday, March 24, 2014

What Age Five Means to a Mother


My boys are turning five tomorrow.  I am happy because I couldn't ask for better boys, but I can't lie...my heart is breaking.  In the time that they were born to now, is the time that Lindsey and Logan will be gone, and I feel like I just had these babies.  When I had them, I sucked every second I could out of them because I knew it would fly by, and contrary to what I wanted to do, which is freeze time, it's flown by.

Five means more independence, and to a mother who loves to nurture and love on babies, it's kinda rough to accept that they are growing up and don't need me for everything.  Plus, I won't be doing this again....they are my last.

It's a blessing; I have been blessed.  But it's bittersweet when your baby isn't a baby anymore.





No comments:

Post a Comment