Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Note to My Girlfriends...I love you!


These are the types of notes I get from MY girlfriends. How could I say I don't like girls?

Women who hate other women are missing out.  While it is true that I have a lot of guy friends, I also have a lot of really awesome girlfriends, and most, I have had since I was a child or teenager.  I would take a bullet for them and there isn’t anything they wouldn’t do for me. My friendships look a lot like Band of Brothers, but instead of grenades and blood, there are like coffee shops and pedicures and sushi and martinis and lots of laughing in my series.  Part of the reason I have good female relationships is because I am not friends with little girls who are catty and jealous, but women, who lift me up and love me no matter what I do or how badly I fail.  I do the same for them.  I love them unconditionally.   So I guess in a sense, I don’t like “Girls” but I prefer “Women” who grew up and understand the importance of having other women in their lives.

A few weeks ago, I was in Tampa with my friend, Kellie, and I said something to her.  I said "You know what I just realized?  You guys (my girlfriends) are the only things I have never questioned leaving or changing in my life" and it's true.   I don't know why I am so blessed with such amazing women, but really for me, I don't experience a lot of crappy, catty girls, but I am blessed with wonderful women.

Women shouldn't be competing, but loving each other.  You can't love someone else if you secretly hope that the other gets fat or trips on her heels.  Women like that will always be bitter and alone.  I don't really know people like that and if I see one, I run.

To all of my AMAZING female friends, I just wanted to take today to say THANK YOU! I will always be there for you as you're always there for me.

-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment