Friday, March 14, 2014

Flashback Friday-Girl Talk

I have mentioned this before, but I used to babysit for the Violent Femmes drummer's kids.  I was 12.  I remember their mother being awesome and the kids were adorable.  The oldest boy was on my brother's soccer team; his name is Mal.  He is in the band Langhorne Slim now.  They are awesome, if you haven't checked them out yet.

Anyway, I remember babysitting them and being paid in TOYS!  Ms. DeLorenzo took me to
Toys "R" Us and this is what I remember picking.....

Is this not the MOST ridiculous and awful game you have ever seen in your life for a young girl?  I remember setting up a pink tent made of sheets in my room and playing this with my girlfriend, Katie.  Look at the plastic pieces in the second picture. I think you plugged those plastic pieces into a machine like playing cards? I don't remember exactly. Look at them closely.....there are nerds, hot guys, hot chicks, etc., and look at their interests!!!!  Stephanie like jewelry and shopping...pretty sure I wanted to be her.  The nerdy looking girl named Gert likes Latin and Algebra.  I remember liking Brad, who likes surfing and James Dean, he was probably also an idiot.  The game had a phone and you called people. It talked back to you. Is it just me who thinks this is extremely creepy?  Talk about teaching a child about stereotypes.  Nerds go with nerds, popular people don't mix with nerds.....

Terrible GAME!!!!

They actually put "Just For Girls" on the box.  Ummmm I hope so.
WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment