Wednesday, March 5, 2014

TRX and Tabata



*I never got to go to Tabata....Carson threw up all night and I am home taking care of him......

I am beginning to accept that I am extremely clumsy. This is hard for me to grasp because at the gym, roller skating, wakeboarding, dancing, anything that requires coordination, I am just that—very coordinated.  Eating food, walking, parking into a parking space, or wearing white? I am a mess.  

I have this thing about knocking over red wine.  My arm loves to do it, especially at restaurants.  During most meals, again, especially in public, I somehow flip my fork into a spinning motion, meaning that it catapults into the air, and then lands onto my lap and finally onto the floor.  Today I dribbled Cherry Juice on my white shirt for the sheer reason that my shirt happened to be white because that is always how it works, and I currently have two burns on the insides of my right middle and pointer fingers. I was drinking last Friday night and smoked a cigarette. (First mistake) It stuck to my lips, so when I pulled the cigarette out, it slid it down my fingers and the cherry burned my fingers and then the cigarette landed on the ground. My fingers have blisters on them. I trip on things and constantly have bruises to the point that I think I might be kicking my own ass at night while I sleep.

Given all of this, I tried TRX out for the first time yesterday and LOVED it. (Suspension Training) Oh, and the trainer said I look like I have done it before.  I have a simple explanation for why….I wasn’t eating with a fork or wearing white or holding a dangerous item. Ha ha. Anyway, I began to feel my shoulders just a few hours after my workout and that rarely happens to me.  So anyway, if you are looking for something new, try it out.  I liked it a lot.  It was 30 minutes, it felt like 10, and the results were quick.  This morning I am going to Tabata, which is high intensity interval training. I have been warned to eat at least an hour before, which is comforting. NOT.







No comments:

Post a Comment