Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Top 10-Reasons I Don't Have Tattoos

I am writing a book about moms with tattoos.  It's going to be awesome if I can execute it.  I asked a bunch of mothers last week (and will continue with my research) questions about having tattoos, since I don't have any.  And you have to understand, I like them on other people and think they're cool, they just aren't for me.  There are a few reasons why:




  1. Because I am boring.
  2. Because I have commitment issues to inanimate objects, especially things attached to my body.  (I don't know if I can consider tattoos inanimate objects or not, but I just did.)  Tattoos are as permanent as catching an STD, except some STD's go away.  Ok, tattoos are more forever than most STD's.  Yes, I have a problem with the permanence of this.  You just watched me think out loud, by the way. 
  3. This goes with Number 2....I constantly change.  What I like today, I may hate tomorrow.
  4. It will wrinkle up and look like some some squashed version of whatever it is.
  5. Because when people ask if I have them, I like to say something hot to cover up the fact that I am boring.  I like to say "No, no tattoos, just skin.  Just clean, white, wet, slippery skin."  Ok, I never say all of that in a sentence. 
  6. It seems painful, and therefore I would probably wind up with 17 dots resembling nothing.  I would look like I had just lost in a ballpoint pen fight.
  7. I always do things last.  I will probably get one when I am 95 and about to die.  Look at Facebook.  I didn't join for like 7 years and that was only once I realized that no one was interested in emailing me.
  8. What if I wind up one of those addicts?  I could end up with Tiger stripes on my face and whiskers surgically embedded in my cheeks.
  9. I would probably choose the equivalent of a 1999 Butterfly Tramp Stamp, because I would never get anything unique...and why?  Tats are just not for me.
  10. I would regret it.  I know I would.  And if I didn't, I would be used to it and never pay attention to it, and then what is the point of getting something you ignore every day?





No comments:

Post a Comment