Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Olive Trees




I have had a couple of really good days at church.  Sunday morning, and then last night, I went to "Gathering for Girls" with a friend.  I really feel like I will end up going more into it because it was so amazing, but I wanted to share one thing that I learned, since I am short on time today.

Olive trees are used as a reference throughout the Bible and I guess I never wondered why.  I get the feeling that everyone but me already knew this, even after years of Catholic school, but anyway.... they are eternal because their roots are firmly planted into the soil and they regenerate after being destroyed above the ground.   The environment can be freezing, windy, hot, and desolate above the surface, and even after being broken down to nothing at all, it will grow again.

So the idea is that your faith keeps you planted firmly and even if you are burnt down to just a nub, you will grow again.  I think that's really beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment