Friday, September 6, 2013

Black Cat

I know that I usually do Flashback Friday, but I'm not today. Well, technically I guess I am, because this happened yesterday.

I know the cat looks evil in the picture, but it was harmless!


I was walking with my friend, Melissa, down Towne Lake Parkway. The cars were rushing by us, creating a breeze and roaring loudly. I heard a little noise. I stopped Melissa.  A tiny kitten was meowing from somewhere. I followed the noise. I searched through the tree and there he was, a little black kitty cat.  He looked so scared. I was scared of his claws even though he looked so innocent and harmless, so I pulled the branches back and Melissa pulled him out and gave him to me. He was a sweet little baby. I put him down, but he didn't know where to go. He seemed jolted by the loud noise of the cars, but he walked to the bushes, away from the road. I started to leave him. He meowed and popped out of the bush and began following me. So I picked him up and put him in the basket of Melissa's stroller. I decided that I couldn't leave him or he would get hit by a car. He hopped out of the basket further down the road and went back to the woods, leaving me again. Melissa told me he would be fine, but I kept turning around. He disappeared into the shrubs once again. Then I heard him meowing again as I walked away, so I turned around. The indecisive cat was chasing me again. He wanted me to pick him up. So what did I do? I picked him up once again.  I was carrying him down Towne Lake Parkway for a while, petting him and speaking softly to him, and trust me, I had no plan. I don't really need a cat, but the cat needed me.  The cat wanted down again. I put him down and let him walk away from me. I waited a while, making sure that I could leave him near a busy street in good conscience, and he looked like he was going to be safe in the woods. So I walked away.

I have a really hard time leaving things that may need me. Every time the cat meowed, I didn't even hesitate to turn around and pick him back up. He seemed like he wanted to be my cat, and I guess I never turn anything away. I hope he's okay and that he allows someone to take him home.



No comments:

Post a Comment