Tuesday, September 24, 2013

20 Things His Wife Complained About

A couple of weeks ago I read this blog that was getting a lot of hype. I meant to write about it, but I didn't because I forgot.  I don't mean to sound like a bitch or anything, but I wasn't as impressed as I maybe should have been, being that I have a vagina.

http://jamesrusselllingerfelt.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/beautiful-advice-from-a-divorced-man-after-16-years-of-marriage/

Before I say anything, pat on the back to him for learning his lesson and having the guts to write about it. He's had lots of positive feedback, so I guess this makes me feel better about what I'm about to say....

One word comes to mind when I read this: DUH. (I feel so bad for saying all of this. I am a bitch.) I thought these were things people knew when they got married.

I also feel as though he isn't being fair when he said he wrote this, because his wife probably did, when she was complaining about why she wasn't happy.  It's not like he just thought this up.  I say this because there are 20 things he said he would do differently in his marriage if he could go back. Ask a man what makes him happy, he could probably name three, therefore he could probably only complain about 3 things, if he's REALLY unhappy.  We are high maintenance. Sorry, girls. It's true.

I thought that this blog was depressing. Sweet isn't an adjective I would use, even beautiful.  It's depressing because women have the belief that men only "get it" once it's too late and they've already lost you; this blog, for me, was just a reminder of that belief. By the way, I don't think this is always the case.

Also, I think 20 was too many. Show this to a bachelor and he'll never get married!  This man also uses flowery and drawn out language; he's someone who seems in touch with his feelings. He's now divorced. This is depressing.

I may not understand the hype because to me, it's not groundbreaking, BUT, he nailed it. Every single thing on the list would make me happy, or any other "normal" woman. They're all true. Too bad these things are completely unrealistic. Sometimes life sucks and so does marriage. Do your best to attempt these things, but I don't know. Unrealistic.

I hate the idea of "too late". Is there anything worse than regret?









No comments:

Post a Comment