Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

I mentioned this last year, but I think that Valentine's Day is stupid.  It's always packed in the restaurants and it is the most forced holiday of the year.  Men are forced to get women flowers and chocolate because they have to and women only want flowers and chocolate because if they don't, they'll feel like they are with an unappreciative bastard. Let me emphasize.... I know that this isn't what all girls think, but it's my own personal feeling on the subject.  Don't get me wrong....even though I think flowers are kind of a waste of money, I like them because they're pretty and I like chocolates because I never buy them for myself.  I have always appreciated them.  However, take me out on a random Tuesday because you think I look pretty or simply because you missed me that day and want to spend time together.  I don't like Valentine's Day because it feels like you're only doing something because if you don't, it says that there is something wrong with your relationship.  I think that anniversaries are important, but even then, I don't like the forced feeling of having to do something. 

I think I just prefer the random acts of appreciation, love, and affection as opposed to a day on a calendar.  I really don't like thinking "Crap.  It's Valentine's day.  What am I going to do and how long do I have to sit outside of this restaurant before I feel like screaming at him because my blood sugar has plummeted and I want to gnaw my arm off" and knowing that he feels the same way. 

I am taking my two little sweeties to get a cupcake at my friend's cupcake shop today.  That will make me happy. 

To all of you who are good at Valentine's Day and really enjoy the date night, more power to you.  I didn't say that you have to agree with me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment