Thursday, February 21, 2013

Notes from "The Intuitionist"

First of all, IF you live in Atlanta, please watch Fox 5 News tonight at 10:00.  If you recall, about a year ago, I was in a race to help raise money for baby Rylan.  Britney and Robby are very good friends and wonderful parents with a beautiful baby, who was born with hearing impairment.  He had surgery a few weeks ago and tonight's segment is about him.  He's adorable.  Please watch.  If you miss it, it will also be online.  I will post the link at a later date. 

So on a stupid and less important note......

I was flipping through that book I said I loathe, The Intuitionist, and these are the notes that I took:

Page 37:

I hate this book so far.

Finally something interesting.

Is this an allegory for religion?  What's with the elevator crap?

Page 38:

Definitely about science and religion.

Page 39:

This is confusing.  It jumped.

Page 42:

Finally, a clue.  (Circled the name Adam)

Page 45

Stop speaking in fragments!!!!!!!

Page 47:

Again, suspense, that will NEVER GO ANYWHERE!

Page 50 and 51:

This book sucks, I am so bored!  Why am I reading this?  I am totally pushed out, I hate you, book!

Page 56:

Why doesn't he ever show anything happening?  He just talks.

Page 71:

In what kind of world would the mob gain from elevators?  I am confused because it's stupid. 

Page 81 and 82:

I am bored.  Why didn't he say this earlier?  I hate his prose.  I hate this book.


From page 83-255 I didn't say one more word, I just underlined things and drew question marks. 

So does anyone want to read it?  Ha ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment