Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is There a Spark Left in Sparks?

I commented on Brea's Facebook post about the new Nicholas Sparks movie, Safe Haven.  I said "I won't be seeing it; who died this time?"  She called me and said "Brittany, you HAVE to promise me you'll see this.  I know that they're all predictable, but this one is so good!"  I promised her I would go because she said that they cried.  I will go if I cry!  The truth is, I haven't cried during a Nicholas Sparks movie in like 10 years!  I stopped being interested in Nicholas Sparks after I read The Notebook, which really and truly is, a great love story.  My great-grandpa died exactly a month after my great-grandma died and there was nothing wrong with him.  He died of a broken heart.  That's true love, when you say "Nah, I'm done without my wife.  Peace out."  Wow. 

I have continued to watch the movies JUST to see WHICH person dies, and before I see it, I kind of laugh about it.  It's kind of a game to me to figure out who is going to die.  I have written a little summary for you, so if you ever want to see these, don't read this because I'm spoiling it for you.  I even say who dies. 


Message in a Bottle-This is about a cynical lady who finds a love note in a bottle on the beach, becomes a stalker and hunts the man down because she is curious and pathetic.  The widower (is this a word?)who wrote the note falls in love with her even though he has no idea that she just hunted him down like sex-on-a-stick.  One of my favorite Sarah McLachlan songs is in it, "I Love You".  I have conveniently placed the link to this glorious song below.  You're welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkOnL1oFPU
Who Dies? The guy.  I didn't cry.


A Walk to Remember-Ok, I love this movie.  I was probably 21 when I saw it and no one had noticed a pattern in Sparks' books yet.  I remember that I leaned over to my mom and whispered "I'll bet she has leukemia or something and she's going to die just like in Love Story" and my mom said "NO!  You think?"  This is a great story.  Bad boy meets angelic girl, he changes for her, he marries her, he takes her viginity, she dies and he loves her forever.
Who Dies? I just said, the girl. I cried. 


The Notebook-Whoever doesn't like this movie is a heartless bastard.  It's the best.  Everyone wants what Allie and Noah have.  It's one of the best love stories of all time.  And I love that they fight and drive each other nuts and still make it work.  They're the cutest.
Who Dies? They both do at the same time, warm and old in their beds.  Like I said, the best.  I cry almost every time I watch this movie.

Nights in Rodanthe-I really remember being bored while watching this movie and all I could think about is how Richard Gere and Diane Lane were really good in Unfaithful together.
Who Dies? I am pretty sure that the guy dies in a hurricane or something. I didn't cry.


Dear John-Channing Tatum is in this, and it's the first time I really noticed him.  He was beautiful.  Nicholas Sparks decides to trick us here. 
Who Dies? The stupid husband that the girl marries while Channing Tatum is in Iraq. (Beotch.) I didn't cry. 


The Lucky One-This was the worst one yet.  Stupid, boring, and I think Zac Efron is so ugly. 
Who Dies? The girl's controlling ex-husband who tries to ruin her life throughout the movie.  NO one was crying when this guy died.


The Last Song-I don't remember this one much.  I think I watched it with Lindsey.
Who Dies? I think the dad died, but I can't remember.  You can tell I was all torn up about it.

Safe Haven-OK, Brea, if you are reading this, I will see it. 

Here is the trailer for all of you interested.  Ok, so it looks kinda good.  And the guy is really cute.  I will write tomorrow, minus the spoiler......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQEdUwv0ew



No comments:

Post a Comment