Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Pics

I am so exhausted from Halloween.  Even yesterday, I was still worthless from the night before and the kids were on sugar highs all day.

Around 3:00, Dylan flew off the couch like Superman and landed on the floor without even one arm to help him, and when I say that he face planted, I mean face planted.  It was the worst I have ever seen.  I expected to pick him up and find that he no longer had teeth.  I am totally on board with the Superhero thing but not if he's going to act crazy.  I think he may have learned his lesson....for a day.  The absolute worst part about what happened, once I realized that Dylan was ok, is that I thought Carson had kicked him, which is actually totally out of character.  Carson had been playing Wii and Dylan was annoying him and sitting on his lap and just trying to aggravate him.  I told Dylan to stop sitting on Carson and next thing I saw (I was sitting across the couch) was Dylan flying off the couch and landing on his face.  So I run over to Dylan and check his face, then I picked Carson off the couch and forced him to look at Dylan and I said "Why did you kick him?  Look at what you did and say you're sorry!"  Carson sat there while I yelled at him.  Tears filled his eyes and he softly shook his head and could barely get out "I didn't do it, mama, I didn't kick him."  Lindsey said "Mom, he jumped."  So then my heart broke and I scooped Carson up and started kissing and hugging him and apologized for scaring him and yelling at him for no reason.  After Dylan had ice, I took Carson to the kitchen and said "Here's your bucket of candy.  Mama is sorry.  Eat as much as you want."  He forgave me.  There is NOTHING worse than breaking your child's heart.  I'm so used to breaking up fights, I never thought Dylan would've voluntarily jumped like that.

I had a Superman (duh), Old School Batman, and Black Swan.  I thought that was an awesome costume, especially for Lindsey since she is a dancer.  She hasn't been allowed to see the movie but I thought it was a cool costume anyway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment