Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Top 10-If I Had It My Way.....

  1. Pluto would still be a planet. Along with having to say "No, the FIRST 90210," this Pluto monstrosity makes me feel old.  It's a sign of a generational gap, one that I could do without.
  2. No one would ever talk about how well Tiger Woods is doing this year, or any other year.  He's Tiger Woods.  Stop being shocked when he's "on fire". Is this a joke that I don't get or are guys seriously surprised and excited?  Did he ever really suck?  Is this comment really more of a plea for Tiger to be as good as he was back in the day?  I don't get it.  Every year, I hear this.
  3. Jimmy John's would still use alfalfa sprouts.  I realize that by eating alfalfa sprouts you run the risk of contracting salmonella poisoning, but lettuce isn't the same.  I want the sprouts.
  4. People would stop being stupid.  The worst thing about the fact that people are so stupid is that I don't believe that they're all really stupid.  I think people are too lazy to realize what their potential is and they're blind to the fact that they aren't the center of the Universe.  From this, what you end up with is a person who isn't what they think they are, but instead, an idiot who wasted their potential and now spends their time telling everyone why they're smart and always right, when they know deep down that they're truly a dumbass that didn't have to be.
  5. People would love even their enemies. I really wish this were true because it would change absolutely everything. 
  6. Videogames wouldn't have ever gotten as complex as they did. I miss Mario Brothers. 
  7. Tennis players would get a point taken off every time they grunt.  Dude, I can't take it.  I cannot take their grunting.  Yes, I realize that it's a difficult sport and that they are using a lot of power, which naturally propels an obnoxious noise from their body....but I just can't take it. 
  8. There would be a lane for semi trucks with a bumper to protect the rest of us.   This may have something to do with the fact that, hmmmm, let's see.... it's stupid to share the road with massive machinery operated by people who are so sleep deprived that they sometimes don't know their name!  Come on, now. 
  9. Everything would taste like a Strawberry Fruit Roll-up. And I mean everything. 
  10. People could see the big picture rather than getting hung up on the ridiculousness of life.  People would be a lot more interesting and smarter and happier if they could actually see the big picture.  When you see your entire life's worth of goals and you can learn from the lessons that God is throwing you, you are a lot more forgiving of the daily absurdities and inconveniences.  When you look at the entire planet and its numerous functioning systems, you are more likely to give a crap that they are in fact, dysfunctional.  When you have a peace about yourself, your goals, and those around you, you smile.  You can't help but smile and move on when you know that in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.  "This too shall pass".



3 comments:

  1. Next time you watch a tennis match, turn the volume up and close your eyes. Just listen and let your mind draw the picture... pong Ugh! pong Umph! pong Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have loved your fruit roll-ups!

    ReplyDelete