Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Top 10-Rolling Stone's Worst Bands of the Nineties

I have placed the link below so you can read this for yourself.   I agree with most of them but like Rolling Stone says about Nirvana "WTF happened here?"  I think people voted by tweeting, which tells me that it's young kids?  I don't know but it's so bizarre.  People who grew up in the 90's have the most eclectic taste in music because we had it all.  I guess I feel sorry for the young, close-minded kids who must have voted because they've been exposed to canned crap. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/readers-poll-the-ten-worst-bands-of-the-nineties-20130509

Here's the list and my commentary.  Ha ha.

10. Dave Matthews Band-I don't get this at all, although I can see how you could hate them if you simply don't like that kind of music.  But really, they have no business on this list.  I really don't get it.

9. Ace of Base-Agreed.  I wanted to stab my ears with a fork when they came on. And I was like 13, so it's not like I have just grown out of them.  I never grew into them.

8.  Spin Doctors-Yeah, I don't know.  This doesn't bother me.  I could probably think of worse, but I didn't really love them either.

7. Bush-Whatever.  That's ridiculous.  Just because you WORE OUT SIXTEEN STONE  doesn't mean that they were one of the worst bands of the 90's. 

6. Hootie and the Blowfish-I'm sorry, I really didn't like Hootie, but again, I could think of worse.

5. Nirvana-I just don't get this.  Why don't we just start saying that The Beatles were terrible too?  I mean, come on!  Just because music has become this canned, marketed, piece of crap on reality shows where everyone has to be perfect doesn't mean that's what music actually is.  What I would say to people who voted for this: That guy with all of the money, you know, the one manipulating your tastes and feeding you crappy, unoriginal music?  He's winning, because you're lame.

4. Hanson-MMMMMMYep.

3.  Limp Bizkit-I'm not gonna lie.  When Faith came out, I loved it.  But by the time Nookie came around, I was already over them.  Fred Durst is a tremendous douche bag, no matter what he says.  He says he's "Sensitive".  What is, his penis?

2. Nickelback-Glad someone agrees with me.

1.  Creed-Not surprising, but kind of sad for them that they beat Hanson and Ace of Base.  I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment