Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Muse


Am I mad, or does the Muse call out to me?
Don't you hear her? Don't you hear her
in the rustling leaves, in the wind's soft voice,
in the water's laughter? Don't you hear her?
If this is madness, let me go insane!
Let me go in search of her, calling out
to the bright sky: descend, singing goddess,
descend! Bring us your immortal music:
the sound of flutes playing like wind
over bending grass, the sound of strings
plucked like sudden sunshine, the clear bell
of your voice thrilling through the world.
from The Odes of Horace

 I love people who inspire me to write something, or when art and music reminds me of them.  The Arts are so important for the soul to breathe in this world. 

Do you ever feel like you need a Muse?  Maybe you are lucky enough to have a person who acts as a Muse in your life.  I have a lot of people in my life who inspire me and I know a few people who come to me for a little life if they're feeling blah.  Being inspiration for someone else is so important because it's crucial for everyone to feel inspired....you only live once and if you can express yourself through music, or words, or art, well you're blessed. 

I often think about how I would much rather be like a charging station....where others come to get a little energy, life, and love, than to be something that drains the energy, life, and love from someone else.  I am sure that we are both, according to different people, and we are probably both at different times in our lives.  To one person, I know that I am a scratching pad.  I know that to that person, I lift them up, make them feel better and happy....they scratch a little, get their claws sharp and then they're on their way.  To others, I am sure I am a real pain in the ass.  The best kinds of relationships are the ones where the roles change and you both give and receive equally.   I had a tough time last year and the hardest thing for me was needing so much from other people.  I prefer to be the person lifting people up, not dragging them down.  When I die I want to be remembered as a person who gave life and smiles and ideas and thoughts to others, not a pain in the ass who made people miserable with frowns and whining.  We should all want to be so bright that when we are no longer on the planet, it seems a little dimmer. 

Whoever inspires you today, give back to them somehow.  Let them know....I am. 

I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!  Have an awesome Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment