Monday, May 13, 2013

Documentary 1-First Position

I have decided to catch up on my documentaries because I am a huge nerd.  I don't watch TV, and I mean, at all.  I work, I go to the gym, I take a shower, snuggle with the kids and maybe listen to some music before I pass out.  That's all I do.  On the weekends, I am out and about and if I do watch TV, it's usually a movie or a show that I don't watch, but my friends do.  In this case, I have no idea what's going on and it's apparent that I am "the alien who does not watch TV".  You should have heard me watching the "Weeds" marathon last week with a group of friends.  I was so lost.  I hadn't watched it in like 6 years.  The only show I watch is "Mad Men" but not until the season is over and on Netflix because I don't like to wait and I don't bother having cable because I don't watch TV.  My daughter doesn't even have time to watch TV.

I also have a twitching problem when I watch TV.  I am bored, I can't sit down, and even if I do, I am not paying attention and I realize that it's a waste of my time.  However, documentaries actually hold my attention and there are a lot on Netflix that I haven't seen, so I am going to watch one every night this week and tell you what I think.  Sound good?

Last night Lindsey and I watched a documentary called "First Position"; it's about ballet.  This film follows a group of young dancers as they prepare for the world's largest ballet competition.

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least watch the trailer.  I have said it before and I will say it again....dancers have the most amazing bodies.  They show you what the human body is capable of. 

http://www.balletdocumentary.com/official-trailer/

Lindsey says she's watching it again and again.  And you know how I know she loves dance more than anything on the planet?  She has SEEN dancers' FEET and it doesn't scare her.  These feet are bloody, blistered, and sometimes their toenails turn black and fall off.  But their bodies are beautiful. 


By the way, check out this link.  Thanks, Matti T.....sexy mugshots?  OMG.


http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/attractive-convict



No comments:

Post a Comment