Tuesday, November 13, 2012

To Be Quiet or Not To Be

Do you ever spot something that is complete bullcrap and you know that you have no choice but to keep your mouth shut?  I really hate that.  I hate keeping my mouth shut.  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.  I hate it, but at the same time, I really hate myself after letting my mouth fly open sometimes so ultimately, I am better off thinking before I speak.  Immediate regret settles in after losing my head and it just doesn't work well for me because I beat myself up constantly.  Even if I am totally right or it's really how I feel, it's just not a good idea to let my mouth pop off.  I always pay for it later and feel sick about it.

I do wonder sometimes if I'll let it all go one day, have no filter and become one of those old ladies who say exactly what's on their mind and don't hesitate to let you know because they know that life is short and that you just shouldn't give a damn....I really hope not.

I saw something on Facebook this morning that made me sick and I know that it would be socially unacceptable to say anything about it, just as socially unacceptable as it was for the person to post it.  It is so sad, it is so pathetic, and it's a bunch of crap.....but if I said something, all it would do is cause me a headache. 

I have a dream, and it's to say "F*** Off" to someone someday.  I have never said that to anyone.  I feel like it would be a monumental moment in my life, but I would risk liking it too much and saying it to anyone who made me mad until the day I die.....

The dude at the drycleaners who said he didn't ruin my shirt, the girl who asked what I "do all day" when I stayed home with my kids, the dipshit who grabbed my ass in a crowded bar and I couldn't find who the hand belonged to, my science teacher who told me I looked good in jeans when I was 14, the devil lady who tried to get me to give my oldest twins up for adoption, every guy who has ever laid a hand on me....

A girl can dream.  I sit there in shock and say absolutely nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment