Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hump Day Top 10.....On Thursday (oops)

I forgot that it was Wednesday yesterday.  Seriously, I did.  I have been so tired, I barely know my middle name, much less the day of the week.  And I was kidding....it's Elizabeth.  :)

I am not trying to sound like Scrooge, but seriously, I am already sick of Christmas and it isn't even December yet.  Luckily though, I couldn't come up with 10 reasons that I am already irritated with Christmas this year, so the other 4 are things I am excited about.
  1. It's about Jesus, but we've all forgotten about that. We spend ridiculous amounts of money on crap we don't need, which is ironic since Jesus was a poor man and came to Earth that way for a reason.....to teach us that money, power and greed is NOT what life is about.  But we are humans and we are stupid, so what do we do?  We go into debt buying crap we can't afford and ultimately distract ourselves from God and Jesus' message.  I am not saying I don't partake in presents, but everything about the season not pertaining to Jesus' birthday really is a distraction, which is the hardest part about being a Christian....staying focused and on the right path.  I am an easily distracted person anyway, so when it comes to God, I know that I am bound to struggle keeping my eyes on him and not all of the other crap in the world.  So thanks a lot, Santa, Christmas music, cookies, trees and twinkle lights. 
  2. People who decorate THANKSGIVING DAY and the day after.  They are overachievers and they aggravate me.  Come on, people.  It's like they're the damn Who's in Who-ville, singing Christmas carols in July.  Weirdos. 
  3. Stressed out people looking for deals.  It's supposed to be a fun and happy time, but like everything else these Type-A jerks tarnish, they do it to the holidays too.  Their lives wouldn't be complete if they weren't ruining Christmas.
  4. The Beach Boys' Christmas song.  There is a line in their Chrismtas song that says "Christmas comes this time each year....".  Huh huh huh....really?  I didn't know that!  It comes every year?  It's so retarded.  It is the dumbest song and what's worse is that he sings it like Forrest Gump too.  I'll post a link at the bottom.
  5. Traffic.  Enough said.
  6. I miss my family.  None of my family lives here.  It upsets me sometimes.
Here are the reasons I am looking forward to Christmas:
  1. My kids' happiness and excitement.  Watching them is wonderful.  It's so satisfying to see your children genuinely happy.
  2. Christmas movies.
  3. Wham.....ok, I talk about this every year.  This is my favorite Christmas song ever.  It is so cheesy and wonderful and I love it.  Here's the link to Last Christmas, WHAM.  It reminds me of when I was a little girl.  http://youtu.be/60obcSGXAHQ
  4. Midnight Mass. 
Here's the link to Little Saint Nick.  Christmas comes this time each year.  Huh huh huh huh, omg!  So does my birthday! huh huh huh huh

http://youtu.be/gU_GsIKxse0





No comments:

Post a Comment