Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Top 10-Things I Just Don't Get

  1. Maybe this is because I am a girl, but why on earth do people freak out when they find out an athlete used performance-enhancing drugs?  Wouldn't it be more shocking for the media to report that someone hadn't?  I just don't get this.  I am bored and don't want to hear about it anymore.  Everyone is all upset about that Brewers guy now.  Here's an idea: assume that everyone takes steroids, that way you're not brokenhearted when you find out that you were correct.
  2. Why when driving in Atlanta do I have to put on my blinker if I want someone to speed up? Why when I want to switch lanes, do I have to refrain from using my blinker and instead, cut them off?   Are we really collectively that rude?  You can tell who is not from Atlanta....because they use their blinker correctly. 
  3. What's the point of strawberry seeds?  You don't plant them, right? 
  4. Time.  It's measurable, obviously, because we created the clock and see that it is.  But then you go into space and it's completely different?  Also, time is perceived differently based on what you're doing and how old you are.  SO weird.  It goes faster because every year that you age, 1 year becomes less, if we're talking fractions.
  5. Why do girls say "Nothing's wrong" when something is most definitely wrong?  I have to admit, I respect a guy who says "Ok, well then I am not asking you again.  Either tell me or I'm moving on."  It's so embarrassing that we do that.
  6. Why on EARTH do adults at the zoo stand in front of little children, who are fighting to see the animals?  I swear.  I go to the zoo enough, someone's going down eventually.  I just DO NOT GET IT.  Losers. Move, so the little people can see!  Don't tell me you've never seen a monkey before.  You're 35 years old!
  7. Why do people ask if my boy/girl twins are identical?  Maybe the definition of "identical" isn't clear?  Yeah, actually, it is, pretty much.
  8. Why people in customer service act like you're bothering them.  I mean, isn't that kind of why you're there?
  9. Why Oprah ended her show. Note to Oprah: the world is less informed and less inspired.  Please, come back.  Even my kids say they miss you.  Seriously.
  10. Roly Polys.  I don't get these bugs.  What do they contribute?  What do they do other than walk around and roll in a ball when they get scared?  They're like little turtle bugs.

1 comment:

  1. So happy that I'm not the only one who has such random thoughts. You make me feel normal.

    ReplyDelete