Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Flickering Moments


Sometimes things have to end badly or they would never end. This very fact has made me so scared throughout my life. If you have a feeling that nothing lasts and if you believe everything has to end badly, then you begin to fear the inevitable pain that will follow. 

But then I grew up a little. I've learned that some people aren't supposed to be there forever. In fact, most won't be. And the only reason that things seem to end badly is because you hang onto them for too long. I've known a lot of people in my life and maybe it was silly of me to think that I would have the privilege of hanging onto them forever, but I wanted to, so I believed that I should and if I fought for them, maybe I would. My expectations have been what's really broken my heart over the years because what I should have done all along is look at the blessing that was having them in my life, if only for a moment. 

If every person has blown into my life with a lesson, I feel like inside, I need to thank them for it. There are people who have taught me about myself, about God, about my weaknesses, about my strengths, about my worth, and about love, who I want to be and what I'm capable of. There are people who have believed in me more than I have believed in myself and there are people who have kicked me in the face while I'm down only to make me stronger....and I'm sure I have taught people the same kinds of things without realizing it. I hope so. 

Thank people for letting you go and let them go. Thank them for breaking your heart and setting you free for something else.  Thank God for the miracles but the really horribly painful experiences too because they're molding you into someone who is incredibly important and someone who is teaching someone else.

Sometimes you just have to let go and realize that longevity and forever isn't always what's meant to be, but instead, what's meant to exist are these flickering shiny moments in your life. And that's freaking beautiful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment