Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Note to That Guy....

I finally blocked someone yesterday because I kept getting annoyed by his pathetic advances to flirt. It just got to the point that I was embarrassed for him and I started wondering "How many times do you have to strike out to be that persistent?" My guess is a LOT. Why? Because only someone that persistent doesn't have anything to lose. They're like radical jihadists except they're trying to find a girlfriend. Blowing themselves up in the hopes of getting to see what a vagina looks like for the first time in real life is apparently no big deal. 

I was sitting at Verizon one day getting my replacement phone working, I bought an iPad, and I was there for hours because the guy who worked there also synced my computer and got some viruses off. So while the guy worked on my computer, I was on my blog on my new iPad. There was this guy who kind of congregated with us and he asked about my blog. He started reading my blog and friended me. I accepted. That was a mistake. 

So, I tried being polite but straight forward, even up until yesterday. I tried lying too and saying I had a boyfriend but then when I forgot that I was supposed to have a boyfriend and posted something about being single, I immediately got a message. So then yesterday I said that I had a new boyfriend. He said "Damn. I wanted to flirt.....so can I?" First of all, flirting serves a purpose. It's like a social signal to let someone know that you're interested. You don't ask or what's the damn point? I finally answered "I don't see what the point of flirting is when I'm not interested." Then I blocked him because it was pointless trying to be nice. 

I thought about it and feel that I should just be blunt today. Maybe guys who say they try not to be "that guy" and then no doubt, are "that guy" will benefit from hearing it straight up. Again. And again. And again. But probably not.....

Guys, here's the truth....if we aren't flirting back, please just stop. You have a lot to lose. A lot. DO NOT ask for selfies the first time you talk to us. WTF is wrong with you? When we say we have a boyfriend and you say "Damn. I wanted to flirt." And you proceed to say "So can I?" NO!!!!! My imaginary boyfriend is going to kick your sorry ass if I don't embarrass you first. Don't say things like "I miss talking to you" when the only conversation we ever had was never. I turned you down. That's hardly a conversation.  Stop being creepy, please. There are women who will take your money and have sex with you. Yeah I know it's illegal. So is being a stalker.  Most of all, stop embarrassing yourself. 

I am a mom. There is part of me that thinks about how you are someone's child and how your parents will never have grandchildren because you're so pathetic. And that's sad. But there comes a point where you're just flat out freaking ass creepy. 

Just stop it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment