Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Where's the Fire?

Manners.  Behavior and practices that have been deemed socially acceptable by the masses.  My children get this.  My children know how to be polite and they are also perfectly aware of when they are being rude.  Do most adults?  Let's see, I would gravitate toward a big fat NO.  My boys are 4 and they're more polite than a lot of the morons I run into on a daily basis. 

Sorry about this upcoming bitch fest, but I just don't get this and after Zumba last night, I just can't contain myself......

When you are getting on an elevator, how about this.....let the person who is on the elevator OFF FIRST!  I mean, really.  Where is the fire?  The fire is nowhere, because if there were one, you certainly wouldn't be escaping by use of the elevator.  I mean, is this complicated?  We get off, you observe some area that is free, you get on and push the button.  It's not difficult to understand. This goes for trains and subways as well. 

I ride elevators every day in my building and I have been noticing how incredibly rude people are.  Pretty much any time there's a damn doorway and space behind it, there is some rude bastard nearby trying to knock you off your ass to get to it.  What about HOLDING A DOOR FOR SOMEONE???  I must have missed the memo.  Are zombies chasing you?  Is the world so overpopulated that the last bit of earth that exists is the one you're pummeling me for? 

Last night I almost lost it.

Zumba is from 7:00-8:00 on Monday nights.  Following this class is Bodyworks from 8:00-9:00.  Every week it's the same thing, so I will just explain last night.  I grabbed my sweatshirt and walked to the door.  I was immediately rushed like Matt freaking Ryan, getting pushed left and right, because a herd of what could only look like cows just HAD to make way to their beloved spots before the other cows in the herd could get there.  I actually said "Can we get out please?"  We went ignored.  30 people just trampled us and rudely tossed us aside. 

Now I know this sounds funny, picturing a bunch of women trampling other women to get to their spots for a class at the gym, but it isn't because I am about to do something stupid.  I am about to put a sign on the door telling them that they're cows and that the slaughterhouse can wait.  It's either that or I am locking the door until a giant group of us gathers so we can trample THEM on the way out.  Or better yet!  How about I steal all of the five pound weights?  That way, they'll just be in a frenzy and walking around like chickens with their heads cut off!   Yeah.  Muahahahahaha.

Basic human decency, people.  We aren't gorillas roaming the jungle.  Sheeesh. I can't even believe I am writing about this.  Elevator doors?  This makes me realize that as long as human beings exist, there will always be something to write and bitch about.


No comments:

Post a Comment