Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Domino Effect-Clean Slate

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone is having a great day and that your night was amazing! I was in bed and fell asleep around 9:00 last night and then woke up to celebrate the 10 seconds before the ball dropped, hugged my daughter, and went back to sleep about 30 seconds after 2014 began.  Sleep is not overrated, especially when you are tired.

Everyone loves a new year for one thing...a clean slate.  If you think about it, a clean slate is not really a clean slate, it's more of a mental thing, because you still have the same life as you did....but that doesn't mean that mentally picturing a clean slate isn't a good thing.  Visualizing a clean slate is good for your attitude and a positive attitude is what makes everything work.  Having the attitude that you have a clean slate, goals ahead of you, and the tools to do what you want, that's how you get it done.

I don't ever make New Year's Resolutions because I feel like I am constantly a work in progress, but I do know what it is I want out of this year.  They are already things I focus on, but now I am kicking it up a notch. 

  • Focus on the kids and make them feel settled and loved every day. My kids had a hard year last year, just like me.  We are getting settled, and I want more than anything for them to feel safe and comfortable like they used to.  I think they are good now, but nevertheless, that's my focus.
  • Work work work and make lots of money.
  • Stay organized. I went through hell last year. Time to get back to the way I usually function.
  • Tighten my circle.  Basically, this year I am going to remember who my friends are, stop trusting everyone and stop being crushed when I find out that people are horrible human beings.  I have been thinking about what a real friend is, and it is this:
You hear something from someone about your friend and you immediately don't believe it, and if you do, you say "That sounds out of character, but if it's true, I love him/her anyway.  I will talk to them about this".  Why do I say this?  Because your true friends love you without condition, and they will always try to help you and be there for you even if you are struggling.  There is nothing I could hear about my friends that would make me turn my back on them.  I don't care what they do; if they mess up, I am there.  I expect the same out of my friends, and I know I have that support.  If I don't, I don't need you hanging around me.  My friends know that they could gang bang 12 musicians in a night and I wouldn't judge them and hurt them. 

Here's to 2014!!!!  I hope it's an amazing year for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment