Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Problem for Strong Girls



My dad is a feminist.  Why?  Probably because he has four daughters.  He always told me I was smart, beautiful, and capable of anything.  He always told me that I have certain gifts that are rare and that I was special and needed to focus on them.  He is also the type of person who married brilliant, beautiful, intelligent women.  My mother is bewitching because she is so interesting, and Staci, his wife now, is a beautiful, independent and intelligent woman who I absolutely love to talk to. My dad would be bored out if his skull if he were with someone who wasn't strong and opinionated.  Why?  Because he is the same way and he needs someone to stand up and have something to say. I am so happy that I have a dad AND stepfather who are not only not intimidated by strong women, but in love with them.  They are equals.  It's been awesome to witness.

I think that there are a lot of guys who say "Yeah yeah, I love strong women.  No, I am not intimidated at all, babe, I love you just the way you are..." and they are totally lying, or clueless to the fact that they will eventually have an issue with it.  They ride the girl's coattail for a while until they start feeling a burning sensation on their stomach and all of a sudden, it's the girl's fault they got road rash...what the hell is that?  If this weren't true, I wouldn't have so many conversations with my girlfriends about it.

You know, I feel like a strong-willed and independent woman is like a gun.  You should not try to handle one unless you are honestly comfortable and know what you're doing because if not, she'll just shoot you and it'll hurt.  It isn't fair to the gun either because it accidently shot someone. 

There are two kinds of girls and both are beautiful, both are strong, but in totally different ways.  There are Scarlett O'Haras who are more vocal about what they think and there are the Melanie Hamiltons who are quieter. I don't think that Ashleys should try to mix with Scarletts because it will only end badly, and I think Rhetts would be bored of Melanies.  Ashleys need a Melanie so they can feel awesome, Melanies need Ashleys to give to someone who needs it.  Scarletts need Rhetts so they don't plow over innocent bystanders and can stay stimulated.  Rhetts need to be stimulated by the Scarletts and keep everyone else safe from their wrath. 


Great scene...what Scarlett's problem is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4-DIldIX6U



No comments:

Post a Comment