Monday, January 7, 2013

Feeling Good Monday Morning!


I had such a productive (and exhausting) weekend. 

First, I celebrated the week coming to a close by taking my 11-year-old son, Logan, to a movie.  I asked him what he wanted to see and he said "Lincoln".  This kid is so cool.  He loves reading and history and honestly, I have been so busy, I didn't even know it was out.  He said that it was nominated for 7 Golden Globes and that Daniel Day Lewis is getting great reviews....he did his homework.  He's so cute.  Anyway, we got something to eat at Chili's and then went to a 10:00 showing.  It really was good, but I know that he must have been confused during parts of it because it was all politics and a lot of talking.  He liked it though and asked questions when we left 1:00 in the morning.  The movie was long!  I was cold and curled up into a ball the whole time and wishing that the movie theatres had beds.  Although, that would be disgusting.  I wouldn’t want to sit on them.

We worked really hard on Saturday and Sunday.  We took plenty of breaks, but we wore ourselves out.  We switched his and the boys' bedrooms.  The little ones are getting the bigger room now that they are older.  I moved furniture, hung some pictures, organized closets and drawers, disassembled the bunk beds and reassembled them to stand on the ground, took down cribs, got stuff out of the attic, moved stuff up to the attic, took stuff to the garage and the car, went to Goodwill, cleaned the whole house and started stripping and painting my bathroom vanity.  (I just tested this.  I never finished.)  Basically, I shouldn't be able to move.  Thank goodness I work out because I really should be flat out on the floor. 

By the way, I have a new tool kit and everything I need is in it.  I don't know what any of the tools are called, except for the hammer, but I love it anyway!  I carried it around all weekend; it is one of my new favorite things.  It's purple and cute and opens like a doctor's bag.  My hands are sore from this one tool though.  It's shaped like an L and it gets screws out, but it isn't a screwdriver.  My phalanges are sore from using it so much.

Anyway, I am very busy lately at the house.  I have several projects I am working on.  I have a to-do list that will keep me busy for the next 20 years.

I know that I should be feeling more sore, especially since my back and hamstrings were already sore from my painful workout on Friday night, but I feel good!  I got up really early today and got some reading done, wrote in my journal, and ate a good breakfast.  I am good!  I hope you have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment