Sunday, April 6, 2014

This makes me feel old.....


Yesterday marked 20 years since Kurt Cobain's death. Isn't that hard to believe??? He would be 47 years old now!!! I remember that I was eating with my parents when I heard that he'd died. I was upset because I loved Nivana and my parents didn't seem to care at all. I thought my parents sucked in that moment.  

Nirvana's influence was so strong, I often wonder what would've happened had they stayed around a little longer.  Would we have had to put up with excruciating sounds from the Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees and all of the other crappy boy bands? I wonder, if Kurt Cobain had come out on the other side of his pain, what would he have said?  How good would the music have been had he used it?

I always liked Dumb for its lyrics. 

My heart is broke
But I have some glue
Help me inhale
And mend it with you
We'll float around
And hang out on clouds
Then we'll come down
And have a hangover....

Dumb. Or maybe just happy. Or maybe not.....



No comments:

Post a Comment