Monday, January 24, 2011

Chris Farley, our Furry Squirrel Friend

I’m very short on time this morning and have a lot to do today, so this is going to be very short—if you can believe it. 

We were out on the back deck on Saturday and saw the squirrel that lives in the attic.  He leaped from the roof to a nearby tree.  I used to refer to this creature as “Erwin” for no apparent reason, but he is now known as “Chris Farley”.  This is the fattest squirrel that you have ever seen.  And why wouldn’t he be?  He’s been cozy and warm eating nuts in our attic.  We tried shooting it with Peyton’s BB gun but we missed.  We’ve now devised a plan. One person is going to slam the attic door or go up and scare it while the other waits for it to come off of the house.......then we’re going to shoot it.  The only problem is that now I feel bad.  I saw the chunky little rodent and I gave it a name.  I heard Chris Farley galloping in the attic again last night and I wondered if we should just let it live up there. 

2 comments:

  1. Please let him live! I love squirrels. When I was little I had a stuffed animal squirrel that I would carry around in a pound puppy case. Eventually I had a dream that I had a pet squirrel...maybe when I am visiting we can safely relocate the little buddy? P.s. feel free to folllow my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't have to put the little guy through college, let him stay. The kids will grow up and talk about the squirrel that lived in your attic the way you kids talk about the ghost that lived in ours. Every family needs a family legend.

    ReplyDelete