Thursday, January 20, 2011

Alcohol….it does a scab good

Since the last time I posted I have been cleaning the house and doing the laundry—not very exciting.  Carson and Dylan took naps at different times, which made mopping the kitchen floor especially difficult.  Carson was so cute; he helped me with the floors.  It’s a good thing that he was helping because he’s the reason they’re so dirty in the first place!  Well, he and Dylan.  They are in this wonderful stage where they throw their food!  I try to stay away from foods of a vibrant color, but it just doesn’t matter.  They can make a mess out of just about anything.  They can make Cheerios turn to glue.
After the kids got home from school we had to go to the post office.  Isn’t that strange after yesterday’s story?  Luckily, there wasn’t a lady asking to see passports but there was a guy in a velvet leopard shirt, hot pants, and black high heel boots.   I swear.  What is it with the post office?  I want to know what these people are mailing.  I’m sure whatever it is, it’s interesting.  Then on the way from the post office to the library, Logan said “Mom, this is so weird!  I just saw a pair of tennis shoes hanging from a telephone wire.  Why would someone throw their shoes up there?”  Well, maybe I shouldn’t have told him the truth, but I did.  I use any opportunity to inform them about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, and I sound like a D.A.R.E. teacher.  I tell them that it is very likely that you could become homeless if you even try drugs once.  I am a bit dramatic, but it seems to work so far.  Lindsey asked if alcohol is a drug and I told her yes, technically, but that it’s legal.  I said that if you have too much it makes you act stupid, of course, and I told her what the Bible says about being a foolish drunk.  Then I referenced my brother.  Sorry, Ty.  I told her about the time that Tyson had too much to drink at our wedding and opened our presents after the reception.  He thought it was the funniest thing ever.  Um yea, there are still people who have never been thanked because he lost the cards and I didn’t know who the presents were from.  My cute little Lindsey said that what he did was foolish but then she says “Well, alcohol can’t always be bad because it helps your scabs.”  Of course I told her that it’s not the same thing.  I don’t want her drinking rubbing alcohol one day. 
We got to the library and they didn’t have the book we came for, so we ordered it.  Logan wants to read “To Kill a Mockingbird” because he saw the movie and loved it, and it’s one of my favorites.  He shares my passion for books—I am ecstatic about that!  I have read the same amount to Lindsey and Logan and yet only he really loves books.  He has a really good grasp on language and grammar already, and any of you who know him know that he sounds like he’s 65 years old.  He’s a cutie.
Maybe you’ve already seen this, but I wanted to post this link yesterday and I forgot.  This was in “Going the Distance” and it’s so cute!  Hopefully the link will work.  If it doesn't, google "baby panda sneezing, scares mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment