Thursday, June 19, 2014

11 Things Guys Should Master

This is a list of things that immediately make a man hotter.  I think what I describe here is a true Alpha Male, not a boy pretending to be an Alpha Male. And yes, I realize that some are silly...but it's true anyway.
  1. Driving. A man should know how to drive a car.  I am no one's backseat driver, especially a man's.  I don’t want to ride with a grandpa, but I want to ride with a guy who can get me where I am going, quickly yet safely.  Plus, it’s fun when a guy drives like a race car driver because I sure as hell can’t without dying.    If a man can handle a car, he can handle a woman….at least that’s the way I see it (as ridiculous as it sounds).  When a guy is a bad driver, it’s a turn-off.  A man should also know how to drive a stick shift as well because what if it’s the end of the world and zombies attack us and the only car we can steal is a stick shift?  I know how to drive a stick shift, but I am nowhere near a good enough driver to get away from zombies.  You know, because that could happen.  And then we die because he never learned. 
  2. Dancing (to some degree).  I don’t mean that I want one of those dancers on Dancing with the Stars, but someone rocking behind me without freaking me out would be nice.  I once danced with a guy who was not attractive at all at a salsa club.  He moved so well though, he was totally playing Jedi mind tricks on me.  I was so confused.  I was like “What’s going on here?”  Then I ran away because I was scared.
  3.  How to be sexy and boyish at the same time.  This is why we love Ashton Kutcher.  I know that it may be annoying to be called adorable if you are a guy, in fact it's probably the equivalent of being called "thick" if you're a girl, but adorable is a good thing.  It means you want to curl up in his chest and squeeze him and also get it on.
  4.  Being protective without making us hate you. This is huge.  I can handle things myself and I don't want someone meddling and going over my head if I don’t need him to, but it's hot when you know you're with a guy who will protect you and stand up for you when you need it.  I hate fighting, but it's hot when the guy isn't just being an idiot hothead.  We aren't property, but we want to be defended and feel safe.  I have two examples….when I was 17, I broke up with my boyfriend and one night, I was out with another guy.  He kept calling me and calling me to the point that the guy I was with got angry and picked it up.  He said “Leave her alone, she is with me and doesn’t want to talk to you.”  Before I knew it, I was crying in a truck on our way to a parking lot because they were going to fight.  I then had to watch two guys fight, which made me sick, and I was embarrassed in front of a bunch of people for “creating drama” that I never wanted to happen.  Not cool.  I was mad.  It was ridiculous.  Then when I comforted the guy I had been with, my ex was screaming “Go take care of him, Britt.  Go ahead.  You’re dead to me!”  Ugh. It was the worst.   One of my guy friends said “Yeah, but isn’t it flattering that they’re fighting over you?”  No, it wasn’t.  It made me feel like a piece of meat and it pissed me off.  On the other hand, one time I was at Mako's in Buckhead and I was dancing.  This guy kept touching me and bugging me, I kept leaving the dance floor.  Every time I came back (this happened three times), he would grab me again, so I finally pushed him off of me and I pushed him hard.  He kind of tripped backwards and he got angry.  So naturally, he spit on me.  A man saw that and walked over to the bouncer and they threw his ass out.  Someone could have punched him in his face and I would have been fine with it because the guy deserved it.  It was awesome when the guy intervened because I really was upset and I had tried to handle it myself and wasn’t having any luck.  He spit on me.  Who does that?  By the way, my girlfriends and sister ALSO went to the bouncer.  I stood there, staring at my arm, which was covered in spit, not doing anything because I was so shocked.
  5.  Being a good kisser. If you can’t kiss, we assume you can’t do anything else and there is like NO way I am going to bother finding out.   
  6. Being confident.  There is nothing hotter than a confident guy because he does everything better, from kissing to having a conversation. We assume he can handle when we correct him, tell him to do things differently, etc., without getting ass hurt. It’s sexy. And by the way, confidence is NOT cocky.  In fact, the cocky guys usually suck at everything.  They talk a lot, but there’s only one reason why…they don’t know what the hell they’re doing.  The guy chillin’ with his friends looking at you and smiling is the one who usually ends up worth a damn.  
  7. Being Thoughtful. I was at work one day and a guy came up to my office and had his arms behind his back and told me to pick a hand.  I picked one.  In that hand, he had breakfast and in the other, was a CD he'd made me.  If I wasn't already freaking out because it was so adorable and cute, I then put the CD in and every song was tailored for me.  The first song was Sail by Awolnation, which says "Blame it on my ADD, baby" and we all know that's me.  It was him too.  He was a creative guy with total ADD.  I honestly couldn't believe how perfect this CD was.  My girlfriends freaked out and love him to this day.  He was one of the cutest guys I have ever seen in my life.
  8. Being adventurous. If you’re down for anything, I mean, anything goes.  That’s hot.  Being entertaining means we’ll never get bored of you and things won’t get old.  You also probably have a love for life, which overall makes you more interesting.  You probably work out, take care of yourself and have a better attitude than someone who is into vanilla everything.  I hated the movie Groundhog Day for a reason….the same crap over and over is boring.  
  9. How to dress/Take care of your body. Be you…but only if that means that you don’t look like an idiot.   And I have to say, different girls like different things. Me, I like a guy who can be adorable in jeans and a hoody and still look sharp when dressed up.  I love baseball caps, but then ties too.  And a good body is always a good thing, so that’s like duh, why did I bother saying it?  
  10. Friendship.  It’s a bad sign when a guy doesn’t have friends because we assume you’re a douche bag.  Guys really aren’t difficult to get along with, so if you can’t get along with other guys, that’s immediately a sign for me to run.  Plus, I have friends.  I don’t want to hang out with you all the time, and if you have no friends, you won’t have anyone to hang out with when I am gone and then you’ll get mad and it’ll be weird and yeah, that just won’t work out very well.  I know that there are girls who hate sharing their man with his friends….I am not one of them.
  11. Taking Initiative. If you are confident and strong enough to take initiative, we feel safer, more important, and not to mention....we prefer this in the bedroom too.  We don't really want to do everything.  Although the Women's Movement may have confused you, understand that what it really means is that we want to be treated with respect, we want to be treated fairly....it does NOT mean we want to decide everything.  It actually sucks.  I make decisions every single day and I get so tired, I can barely order a salad.  Step up.  I'll give you an example of how important this is to me, although you would never know it because I am so independent....I went to Whole Foods with a guy over the weekend.  I was having a really bad ADD moment and he could see on my face that I wasn't ok. I said four times that I needed nuts (haha, I mean real nuts), but then I would get distracted and forget and go somewhere else.  I got overwhelmed by everything I wanted to buy and I stubbed my toe on the cart (twice and I cut it and it was bleeding), and my phone was ringing off the hook and I just wanted to crawl out of my skin because I was having an attack of some kind.  He looked at me and said "What kind of nuts do you need?"  I said pistachios.  He left and got a bag for me and came back.  Then he helped me remember the rest of the stuff because I kept forgetting.  That really helped me.  Something small like that made an impression on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment