Thursday, May 15, 2014

Flashback Friday-What I Should Have Done in High School

A 34-year-old Texas woman was arrested this week for posing as a high school student for 7 months.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-31-accused-posing-high-school-student-months/story?id=23733214


Authorities aren't sure what Charity Anne Johnson's motive was.  Hmmmm....Haven't the cops ever seen "Never Been Kissed"?  Her experience sucked, so she went back to do it again.



I loved high school.  I had a great time.  However, there are things I would do differently if I could go back.....

  • I would've gone out with the right guys.  There are a few guys I should've given a chance and I still should today.   They're probably reading.  Hi, you. :)  I'm sorry I went out with pricks.
  • I would've put my cheeks on a diet.  Why did I look like a chipmunk? 
Just turned 18

  •  I would have cut off about 3 inches to the waists of my 90's shorts. I mean, wtf.  Really? Those were supposed to be low-rise?  They most certainly were not.  They were disgusting.
  • I would have lived in a bathing suit.  I shouldn't have taken it off.  Ever.  I should have worn a bathing suit to school, to football games, to prom.  I never should have taken it off.  What was I bitching about?  I should have graduated in my bikini.
  • I would have spent more time with my family.  It is never the same after you graduate.  I remember waking up on Saturday mornings and finding that my dad had already been to the office, grabbed a paper and a box of donuts for all of us.  It was comforting.  I would walk into the kitchen and he'd say "Well good morning, Beatle" or "Hey, Princess".  I would have cherished all of the moments where I was just someone's little girl.
  • I would have treated Ms. Stewart like a human being. I was such an a-hole to my Algebra 2 teacher.  I hated her because she taught math and I hated math.  I told her it was stupid and if she couldn't even tell me why I would need it, then I didn't see what the purpose of learning it was.  Then I remember being absolutely desperate for the credit because I couldn't graduate without my last math credit. I asked her to help me after school and she graciously said yes regardless of how I had acted.  I remember her sitting down with me after I had been such a bitch and she gave me cookies while I worked. I am pretty sure she still had to fail me and I ended up in remedial math before graduation, but it wasn't her fault.  I was hopeless. 
  • I wouldn't have dropped Honors. I should have pushed myself more.  If I would have had a plan, I wouldn't have been so unhappy after I graduated.
  • I would've found the shyest girl possible and made her be my friend. I understand now that as outgoing as I have always been, I could've been better about making sure no one felt left out.
















No comments:

Post a Comment