Monday, March 16, 2015

Mean Women




I would like to tell my daughter that she will only have to deal with mean girls while she is young, but I don’t want to lie to her…..

I have always considered myself lucky in the friend department because I was blessed at a young age with awesome girlfriends and I continue to be blessed.  I get along with men, but I see female relationships as a necessity because women bring something to the table that men can’t.  I have learned to appreciate the good women in the world even more as I have gotten older because unfortunately, I have encountered some bad ones and gotten burned, but it doesn’t change my opinion.  Female friendships are a must. 

Saturday night I went out for St. Patrick’s Day and I was just standing outside minding my own business.  I was talking to my friend and he walked off to go to the bathroom and in that second, this woman came up to me and said she wanted to ask me a question.  There was no introduction, no conversation; she just got straight to it.  I had never seen her in my life.

She said “How old are you?”  I said “What?”  I told her that it wasn’t a very polite question.  She said “Yeah, just tell me how old you are. Come on.  Come on.”  I should have told her to get out of my face before I punched her but instead, I asked her why she wanted to know.  She just kept saying “Come on, just tell me. Because I do.”  I said “34.”  She said “OHHHH because I was going to say at least 40.”  I sat and looked at her for a minute and didn’t know what to say.  I was shocked that such a bitch was standing in front of me.  I said “I can see what you’re doing right now and I don’t like it.”  She proceeded to say that she didn’t mean anything by it and she was sorry.  Honestly, I don’t even know what I said at that point but it was something like “Okay.”  I would have liked to think she was just extremely socially awkward, but she continued to scowl at me the rest of the night and point at me while talking to a guy.

Okay. 

What a miserable existence.  I don’t understand women like that.  Trying to hurt me or make me insecure isn’t going to magically change my personality or appearance, so what is the point of being mean?   Does it really make someone feel better to put another down?  If this girl had cared to know me, she would have found out that I am a nice person and that if she were my friend, I would have defended her against a person like herself.  She also would have found out that I am not a threat to anyone.  I am not envious of others because I am happy with what I have and happy for you for what you have.  I know, that just makes it worse, right, lady? It makes it worse that I don’t walk into a room and immediately covet what’s yours and that’s really annoying, right?  The fact that I am comfortable in my own skin and not trying to steal your man because I am a good person and I am capable of getting another one sucks for you, doesn’t it?  I know.  What a bitch I am for going to a bar and minding my own business with my friends and smiling and not trying to pick up men. 

Women who hate other women are missing out.  We can be so mean to each other and it’s not only heartbreaking, but it’s embarrassing.  I am embarrassed of how women act sometimes.  We lose our credibility when we are catty because cattiness has absolutely no rhyme or reason, it’s purely emotional.  It is an ugly emotion and it makes you do hideous things. 

Don’t be a bitch and other women will like you.  Be loyal, happy, confident and supportive.  Be grateful for what you have and be happy for other people.  It’s pretty simple. 

As for the woman who came up to me and said that, I am going to be on the lookout for her and if I see her, I will give her this link.  

Thanks for the writing material, lady.  Hate on....


No comments:

Post a Comment