Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Trust the Girls Who Trust



A couple days ago, one of my male friends found himself in a situation with his girlfriend and it’s prompted me to explain something about girls like me…that is, girls who blindly trust and love in relationships.  (Obviously this goes for men too, but since I am a female, I am speaking from my point of view.)

The friend I am referring to is a great guy and he is totally in love, yet he lied about something that was totally innocent.  He said the reason he lied is because he was trying to protect her.  BIG MISTAKE, guys.  He overthought it because he figured she would get mad or hurt her or worry and that’s not fair.  Long story short, she was hurt because he lied and didn’t trust her to trust him. 

GUYS, LISTEN UP!!!  There are girls out there who truly want the truth, who won’t get mad, who will trust you blindly, who will put their hearts into your hand, who are secure, who believe you when you say you will never hurt us, who don’t get jealous, who will protect you and accept you for who you truly are.  I say this from experience…I have witnessed guys lie about stupid things because they are afraid of making their girlfriends mad (of course this has happened to me personally) and it’s really such a slap in the face to that girl who has completely trusted you and believed in you.  It hurts our feelings that you don’t think we can handle the truth.  (YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!  Sorry, I had to say that like Jack Nicholson.)

I know that a lot of guys just think we are all crazy and this really irritates me, so here is what it’s like to walk around in a trusting girl’s brain who really is pretty freaking cool with who you are.  Don’t mess things up with a girl who believes the following…..

*Just a note, this is literally a random walk through my brain, so sorry if you get whiplash. 


My Thoughts on Why Being Single Forever Beats Faking It

I love true love and not the Disney kind but the Corinthians kind; the kind that can wrap around a person no matter what they have done, who they have been, what they look like, how much money they make, and what they say, do, or feel.  I also love trust, the kind that cries and hurts when it’s doubted.  My idea of what a romantic relationship looks like is very, very hard to find, but I know it has to exist because I figure if I have loved and trusted someone blindly, then someone else out there is also capable of loving me that way.  I won’t entertain anything else because I don’t believe it’s possible to love without trust and why be in a relationship without being loved for who you really are? 

Basically, it boils down to this:

If you know yourself and know that you are honest in relationships, if someone can’t trust you, you can no longer trust them.  If they can’t trust you, then that means they don’t know you and if they don’t know you, they can’t possibly love you and at that point, there is no point of being in a relationship where the person is in love with a person who is not at all you.

Not that complicated, right?  Ok, so maybe I made it complicated, but it’s really very simple.    

My Thoughts on Why People Lie

I think most people would agree that what I described above is ideal.  So why do people lie?  I think it boils down to only 4 reasons….

1.     People don’t like to be nagged and yelled at.  If this is happening, then are you really in a real relationship or is it a dictatorship? And if your actions are wrong and the person has a reason to be upset, then either get your shit together or get out and do whatever you want as a free person.  Either way, I just don’t understand being in a situation where you are not willing to have the conversation and where two people can’t be honest.
2.     People don’t trust the person they are with to love them unconditionally regardless of what they are doing, saying, thinking, or feeling.  It is really scary to tell the truth and be yourself sometimes because there is always the fear that we will lose what we have or we won’t be loved back for who we are, but you save a lot of time and issues if you can just be honest and be adults. 
3.     You are doing something that you wouldn’t want your significant other to be doing, or you are not sure that you would trust or approve of the situation.  If you feel weird doing something, ask yourself why. The Golden Rule is not complicated.  If you aren’t sure if he or she would like it, why not just ask them? If you have a conscience about it, where is that coming from?
4.     The person is legitimately doing something shady.  Why are you in a relationship again?  This is called having your cake and eating it too.  You are just an asshole, man.

My Thoughts on Being Straight Up and Being Real

1.     Hold out. Because I don’t feel like I have to be with someone to make me happy and I know I don’t have to be bothered with things that irritate me, I often look around at people in relationships where trust clearly isn’t there and I wonder why they bother when they don’t have to live that way.  This isn’t meant to sound judgmental, it’s more that I am making an observation from the other side, meaning, I have been in relationships where trust either never existed or was abused and eventually lost and then I later asked myself why I was ever in that situation to begin with.  It sucks being in that situation.
2.     Say no to the crap. I have always been an open book with the opposite sex and it hasn’t always been the smartest thing.  I always assumed that if I were honest, the guy would also be honest.  Sadly, that’s not always the case because it’s hard to find someone honest and people are freaking shady.   If you are honest, you deserve honesty in return.
3.     Tell the truth.  Tell the truth and ride it out. I don’t understand people who get mad at you for telling the truth.  Isn’t a lie worse?  


My Thoughts on Technology

People who are going to cheat are going to cheat regardless of technology and living in a bubble is just not feasible.  I understand that smart phones and apps and email and texts cause problems, but are they really the problem? Or are they just exposing problems that already exist?  I look at it this way….

1.     Everyone should have a lock on his or her phone.  You are an idiot if you don’t; it doesn’t make you shady, it makes you smart.  All it takes is one drunken night where you leave your phone at the bar and BOOM, your pictures, bank information, contacts, emails, are vulnerable. 
2.     I don’t have to give a man my passcode.  BUT, I will. 
3.    BUT if I give you my passcode and you check on me… I am done.  Relationship over. You don’t trust me, therefore you don’t know me, and so you may as well waste someone else’s time. 
4.     If you give me your passcode, I will never check.  And if I do, I am done and you should be too.

I just don’t know why that’s so complicated.  Why is it so terrible to trust blindly?  If someone cheats on you or lies to you, you are going to find out.  Why do people ruin things with preventative measures that don’t prevent anything at all, especially the inevitable?  Blaming social media and technology instead of a cheater is like blaming a gun instead of the psycho.   

My Thoughts on Why I Believe All of This

There is nothing more infuriating than not being trusted when you are honest and there is nothing more hurtful than being lied to when you have been brave and real and gone out on a limb.  Dishonesty and distrust ruins relationships. I have experienced the most stifling, awful relationships and also absolute freedom.  It would be awesome to be "allowed" to be or accepted as the same person in a relationship. 

My Thoughts on the Guys Who Don’t Believe We Exist

Stupid.  Wrong.  Should kick themselves in the asses. Don't lose a girl like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment