Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Top 5 Worst Things I Saw on Social Media This Week

When I was 3 or 4 years old I used to flip a cardboard box over and use it as my desk to anchor the news.  My mom was the cameraman, and yes, there is proof of this on VHS.  When I was in high school I anchored for our high school news station, WBHS, and although I was supposed to eventually leave to take other TV classes, I refused because I loved it. I went to college to be a journalist because I cared about the world and I knew that with information, you could make changes.  Sadly, at some point in college I realized that it isn’t as easy to report the facts and get people to care as it probably should be and even when do people care, there are so many issues in the world, they often don’t know what to do about it.  

I get really depressed about our country, the world, the media and politics. So many stupid people have money, our leaders suck for the most part, the media dumbs us down, and then I see proof on public forums that actually, yes.....stupidity is rampant in our culture. I always heard that you can't fix stupid-I hope that's not true.

Here are 5 things that made me want to gouge my eyes out this week and pack a bag and never come back.  (But you can't pack very well with no eyeballs, so I suppose I am just being dramatic.)




Donald Trump's face.  The way I look at it, we have already had to look at that rat on top of his head for entirely too long.  The least he could learn to do is think before speaking and offending everyone.  Is that the thanks we get for being so accepting of his ridiculous facial expressions and coiffure over the years?  Idiotic, bigoted remarks about an entire group of people who are a huge part of our country?  I hope EVERYONE fires him.  That would make me insanely happy.  



Ted Cruz DEFENDING Donald Trump.  He said NBC was "being silly" with its political correctness.  He said "I think Trump is terrific, I think he's brash, I think he speaks the truth." OHHHH, ok. First of all, he's wanting to be our president....and so was Trump.  Nice to see that we have such awesome options as citizens.  What he was really saying with his remarks is that he thinks bigots are terrific and that Mexicans are rapists.  Glad they're dropping like flies; makes my job as a voter easier. 




This guy, Damaru, can vote.  I was reading the comments under one of Nicholas Kristoff's articles about the Supreme Court's decisions to legalize gay marriage and unfortunately I stumbled upon this one-celled organism called Damaru.  If I wasn't feeling depressed about our society before, I definitely was once I read his comments.  Utter.  Shock. 






Kim Kardashian called herself a feminist.  That's a nice thought, Kimmie.  But do you think you could put a shirt on before you make remarks about being highly intelligent and calling yourself a feminist?  It's rather distracting.  Thanks. 



I heard Iggy Azalea speak without rapping.  I don't recommend it. Apparently there was talk that she was “throwing shade” on Britney Spears.  I have no clue what that meant.  Then she said she doesn’t have to suck a girl’s a**hole 24/7 to be friends with her.  NIIICE and lady like.  I feel so clean having heard that. 
The picture below looks like the cover photo for Mattel's Skank-abu Barbie, yellow Jeep and STD's included.  





1 comment:

  1. Ok. Point by point. First, Trump has his place in the debate. There are no circumstances under which I will vote for him, but the direct talk is appealing to most people. His hair is not the issue. Trump is an entertainer who is mostly interested in self-promotion. Not interested.

    Second, marriage is not always about procreation. But let people have their view. So what, some guy hates homosexuals. The stronger argument always comes from the stronger person.

    Third, Kim is hot. Men who are honest about it will tell you, she's hot. She's an entertainer too, however, and has nothing so far to contribute to the debate, except this: You can be sexy and still be a feminist. I know, hard to believe but it's true. The bra-burning, man-hating brand of feminism is nearly dead, and for good reason. Feminism that doesn't recognize men as significant contributors to society is only half right.

    Lastly, I have no idea who Iggy Azalea is. I work for a living...

    ReplyDelete